HARTFORD, Ky. — Kindergarten Registration for the 2023-2024 school year in Ohio County will take place at each school location between March 14-30.
Each child will have academic screenings along with language and hearing screenings. Parents need to bring the following items:
- Full-size certified birth certificate
- Kentucky immunization certificate
- Social security card
- Kentucky physical examination form
- Eye examination (by an optometrist or ophthalmologist – must be done by Jan. 1, 2024)
- Dental screening/examination (Must be done by Jan. 1, 2024)
To enroll in kindergarten in the state of Kentucky, a child must be 5 years of age on or before Aug. 1, 2023.
For additional information or if you have questions regarding early enrollment, call the Ohio County Board of Education at 270-298-3249.
The registration dates for each school are listed below. If you are unable to take your child for registration at the school they will attend, take your child to another school for enrollment and the records will be sent to your child’s school.
- Beaver Dam Elementary: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Tuesday, March 21
- Fordsville Elementary: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Tuesday, March 14
- Horse Branch Elementary: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Thursday, March 16
- Southern Elementary: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Tuesday, March 28
- Wayland Alexander Elementary: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Thursday, March 23
- Western Elementary: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Thursday, March 30