OWENSBORO, Ky. — Tuesday, May 17, 2022, the Green River District Health Department reported that in the previous week it had investigated 177 new COVID-19 infections; 76 in Daviess County, 10 in Hancock County, 50 in Henderson County, 18 in McLean County, 11 in Ohio County, three in Union County and nine in Webster County.
GRDHD reported three additional COVID-19 deaths. The COVID-19 deaths were a resident of Daviess County, a resident of Hancock County, and a resident of Ohio County.
With today’s death, 102 Ohio Countians have died due to COVID-19-related issues.
The average number of new cases in the district for that period was 25 new cases a day. The newly reported cases were investigated between May 9-15, 2022. County-level data for COVID-19 can be found at kycovid19.ky.gov and cdc.gov. Additional county-level guidance can be found at COVID.gov.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides information to help communities decide what prevention steps to take based on the latest COVID-19 data. COVID-19 Community Levels for every county can be found at cdc.gov.
Levels can be low, medium, or high and are determined by looking at hospital beds being used, hospital admissions, and the total number of new COVID-19 cases in an area. The COVID-19 Community Level is currently classified as medium for Henderson and Union Counties and low for all other GRDHD counties.
GRDHD encourages its residents to:
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines and boosters.
- If you are immunocompromised or high risk for severe disease, consider wearing a mask indoors in public.
- If you have household or social contact with someone at high risk for severe disease, consider self-testing to detect infection before contact and consider wearing a mask when indoors with them.
- Follow CDC recommendations for isolation and quarantine, including getting tested if you are exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID.
- People may choose to mask at any time. People with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a mask.